Imagine Rainbow and Pink Floyd as the grandparents, Queen and Ramones are the parents, Dio and Iron Maiden as the lovely step-parents, Tame Impala, Gorillaz and Abba as the kids, Solange, The Weeknd, Mac Miller, Lil Wayne, Justin Timberlake, David Guetta as the grandkids, and Flume, Nao, Dua Lipa as the fun cousins.
The playlist, which evidently has various artists, celebrates the use of similar instruments in different ways and how that crosses the border of different genres. The playlist also looks at two collaborators who, from different sides of the world, crossed imaginary borders through music.
- Congratulations (feat. Bilal) – Mac Miller
- Sideline Story – J. Cole
- Mad (feat. Lil Wayne) – Solange
- Am I Wrong – Anderson .Paak
- By Design – Kid Cudi
- New Gold (feat. Tame Impala and Bootie Brown) – Gorillaz
- Elephant – Tame Impala
- Spread Your Love – Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
- Blitzkrieg Bop – 2016 Remaster – Ramones
- Radio – Rancid
- Rainbow In The Dark – Dio
- Run to the Hills – 2015 Remaster – Iron Maiden
- Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
- Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 2 – 2011 Remastered Version – Pink Floyd
- When I Kissed The Teacher – ABBA
- Blinding Lights – The Weeknd
- Physical – Dua Lipa
- Sister Ray – Foxes
- Another Lifetime – Nao
- Numb & Getting Colder – Flume
- My Love (feat. T.I.) – Justin Timberlake
- Be My Lover (feat. La Bouche) – 2023 Mix – Hypaton
Playlist Image by Curator.
About the Curators
To the many playlists that I have curated, they serve as a reminder that I am created by many parts - such as strength, beauty, resilience, joy, courage, melancholy, strictness, stubbornness and most importantly love. Not only are we the greater parts of ourselves, we are also the weaker parts of ourselves and if we do not celebrate us in our entirety, something will atrophy.