Meet The Curator: Tommi Tikka
Tommi Tikka is a linguist, poet, professional songwriter, recording artist and a music aficionado. He started playing guitar when he was four and writing songs when he was six. Consequently, he doesn't remember a time when he wasn't playing or writing. It's fair to say, music and lyrics are not just something he loves to engage himself in. To him, they are a way of life.
You can check out his current band The Impersonators here:
And the music of his previous group Carmen Gray here: Spotify
Music To Celebrate Life
The great Oscar Wilde once remarked:
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that's all.
This famous quote pretty much sums up what Music To Celebrate Life is about: living. More precisely, it celebrates the life lived, all of it – not just the good bits. Hence, the music featured here is about the joys and pains of existence. The songs selected for this playlist will have strong vocals and compelling melodic structures. However, given the nature and the theme of this playlist, special emphasis is placed on the lyrical content.
For a song to be a good fit, it needs to have lyrics that are deep enough to inspire a write-up. In addition, as I’m the one writing, I need to be able to identify with them. If a song discusses the inner conflict of man, is anti-establishment, portrays esoteric snapshots of life or reflects on what every-day life is like for most of us and does this well, it might just have a place on this playlist.
Even though genre isn’t important, please take note that this playlist is rather pop, rock and folk oriented. Genres such as rap, hip hop, heavy metal or EDM aren’t usually featured, save a few exceptions.
You can be featured onMusic To Celebrate Life in four ways:
Your song is added to the playlist.
Your song is added to the playlist and I’ll tweet about it.
Your song is added to the playlist, it’s featured in the blog (Track Of The Week) and it’s shared on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Your song is added to the playlist, it’s featured in the blog (Track Of The Week & Track Of The Month) and it’s shared on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Search The Playlist
Music to Celebrate Life Archives
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- Mar 26, 2019 You Can’t Always Get What You Want – The Rolling Stones Mar 26, 2019
- February 2019
- Jan 29, 2019 ‘Til I Die – The Beach Boys Jan 29, 2019
- Jan 22, 2019 We Are One – In My Coma Jan 22, 2019
- Jan 15, 2019 Wishing All These Old Things Were New – Merle Haggard Jan 15, 2019
- Jan 9, 2019 Stuck With You – Huey Lewis And The News Jan 9, 2019
- December 2018
- Nov 27, 2018 Melancholy – Sailor Nov 27, 2018
- Nov 20, 2018 Can't Be Seen - The Rolling Stones Nov 20, 2018
- Nov 13, 2018 You Don’t Bring Me Flowers – Neil Diamond (with Barbara Streisand) Nov 13, 2018
- Nov 6, 2018 The Pimp And The Whore – Thunder Nov 6, 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- Feb 27, 2018 The Modern World – The Modern World Feb 27, 2018
- Feb 20, 2018 What Are You Going To Do With Your Life? – Echo And The Bunnymen Feb 20, 2018
- Feb 13, 2018 Fall In Love – Carmen Gray Feb 13, 2018
- Feb 6, 2018 Down The Line – True Adventures Feb 6, 2018
- Jan 30, 2018 Waiting On The World To Change – John Mayer Jan 30, 2018
- Jan 22, 2018 Mysteries Of The Heart (Single Mix) – Robb Murphy Jan 22, 2018
- Jan 16, 2018 Dakota Thunder Rising – Apostle Jan 16, 2018
- Jan 9, 2018 Strangers When We Meet – The Smithereens Jan 9, 2018
- Jan 2, 2018 Where the Dandelions Roar - The People The Poet Jan 2, 2018
- Dec 18, 2017 Rain – Uriah Heep Dec 18, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Waiting For The Sun - The Doors Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Ooh La La - Rod Stewart Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Walls - Circus - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 This Is Your Time - Michael W. Smith Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Was There Anything I Could Do? - The Go-Betweens Dec 14, 2017