This is the 4th list Chris and I have made together and if you like this one – well – you’ll probably like all of them but do check out Guitars, Lots of Guitars – as it’s more of part 1 to this list.
Of course while we love making lists like this, Chris was commenting recently that for the next round it might be cool to get a little thematic again – like we did with Edgy 80’s – I’m totally here for that too.
But for now – enjoy this – predominantly mellow assortment of Guitar forward tracks and we’ll catch you on the flip side!
- Why Can’t You Be? Shelby Lynne
- Ltd Shannon Moore
- New Speedway Boogie Courtney Barnett
- Repo Man (with The Pariah Dogs) Ray LaMontagne
- Cold Roses Ryan Adams & The Cardinals
- Lord, I’m Discouraged The Hold Steady
- Between The Bars Elliott Smith
- Show On The Road Tom Freund
- The Golden Age Beck
- Let There Be Rock Drive-By Truckers
- Strange Religion Mark Lanegan
- Nose on the Grindstone (OurVinyl Sessions) Tyler Childers
- Almost Independence Day Van Morrison
- Wish You Were Here Pink Floyd
- Oh! Sweet Nuthin’ – 2015 Remaster The Velvet Underground
- Pancho & Lefty – Live Townes Van Zandt
- A Kiss Before I Go Ryan Adams & The Cardinals
- Leavin’ On Your Mind – Single Version Patsy Cline
- Black-Throated Wind Bob Weir
- To Love Somebody The Flying Burrito Brothers
- Green Is the Colour Pink Floyd
- Truly Mellow Tom Freund
Image from MidJourney prompt
About the Curators
The first visual memory I have is that of the white upright piano in Singapore, Hell and the Dark Forces lived at the bottom, Heaven and the Angels at the top, they would play battles through my fingers and I was hooked.
As a psychology graduate I studied how sound affects human performance.
As a musician I compose instrumental music that stimulates your brain but doesn't mess with your language centers, leaving you free to be creative and brilliant without distraction.
As a creator / contributor at musicto I’m part of a global creator community that collaborates through music. You can learn more about our community here.